The Student News Site of Platte County High School

Pirate Press

Pirate Press

Pirate Press

The Realtor in our Halls

Senior Mason Salehi has an interesting job after school. He is a licensed realtor and works for a real estate brokerage, The Edlin Team of Keller Williams Kansas City North. After school, he goes to work and shows people houses around the Platte City area. 

“When I was 16, I reached out to a lot of local companies and reached out to the Elite Kansas City North Realtor company, they scheduled me an interview then I became an intern,” Salehi said. “I started learning and going out to shows and different showcases.” 

To get a real estate license in Missouri, you must take a course and an exam. The test requires dedication to the field and a lot of knowledge about what you’re doing.

“The course you take to become a realtor is 72 hours which is comprised of a 48-hour and a 24-hour course, then you take the test of 148 questions,” Salehi said. “After you take this test you’re expected to be an expert.”

For some, it might seem like a lot to be finishing high school and working as a realtor, but Salehi has it managed.  

“So when you schedule and my real estate schedule it all, like it all works out in a way that’s where I’m like really grinding out school through the week, and then I’m grinding out real estate during the weekend.” Salehi said 

“I do realtor things on the weekends like, open houses and other showings for people.” Salehi said “School doesn’t get in the way of my job as a realtor, so that’s why it’s just a matter of like, I’m doing a lot of things that I like, like I’m passionate about everything I’m doing, so it helps in the long run.”

Salehi hopes to have a steady real-state job shortly after high school and is working hard now to accomplish that. He plans to attend UMKC next fall to study business administration and minor in finance so he can eventually work in commercial real estate.