The Student News Site of Platte County High School

Pirate Press

Pirate Press

Pirate Press

Who is Arin Lee?

Sophomore balances school, dance, and more

As the secretary of the World Cultures Club and a rookie on the dance team, sophomore Arin Lee often finds difficulty juggling dance, school, and other activities. 

“The amount of energy and time you must have for homework is crazy,” Lee said. Time management is something she has always struggled with time management in school.

Even during her free time, she always needs more energy to do any work because she just gets out from dance practice. On the other hand, it helps her find a solution to her problem. 

“I just catch up on homework or any missing work in PLT or lunch.” 

While she has no time for herself, none of this will make her quit because she loves to dance. Lee says that she loves it because of how involved the team is, but she also loves learning new dances and creating new bonds with her teammates.

“Dance is a distraction to me, in a good way.” 

Lee believes it’s good to have something to get your mind off things. She goes on to say that you have to take time for yourself while you’re in school. Even though time management is hard for Lee, she’s trying to create a schedule that’s good for her. When you have rough times that happen in that week, you’re going to want something that makes you feel happy and carefree even if it is only for a few hours.