The Student News Site of Platte County High School

Pirate Press

Pirate Press

Pirate Press

Voter Registration is Open!

Voter registration for the 2024 elections has officially opened!

The 2024 US elections, especially the presidential one, have been the topic of much discussion for quite a while now. Popular presidential candidates include the Republicans’ Donald Trump, Ron DeSantis, Nikki Haley, and Vivek Ramaswamy, as well as the Democratic candidates Joe Biden, Jason Palmer, Cenk Uygur, and Marianne Williamson. Commonly discussed issues among the candidates include the economy, immigration, protection of democracy, foreign policy with Israel, Ukraine, and China, and abortion rights. The 2024 popular candidates for each party are Donald Trump and Joe Biden for the Republican Party and the Democratic Party respectively.

The 2024 primary elections will be held on August 6 for both parties. The 2024 presidential election will be held on November 5th, and will be primarily fought between Republican candidate Donald Trump and Democratic candidate Joe Biden. The last day to register for primary elections is July 10th and the last day to register for the presidential election is October 9th. If you are a junior or senior that will be at the eligible age of 18 on election day, please consider registering to vote in one or both elections. Happy voting!